This training will allow the student to master the methodology and techniques necessary to produce a 3D architectural project and realistic rendering. In the end, the student should produce an animated "Demoreel" which includes the work carried out during this training course.
- Knowledge of architectural design will be helpful.
2 Autodesk certificates :
- Certificate of completion
- Certificate of project completion
1 NET-INFO Certificate
- 3DS MAX
- AFTER EFFECT
I. General Introduction :
1. General presentation of the course and the profession of 3D architectural visualization
2. Introduction to the 3D production pipeline with an explanation of its 3 phases:
3. Presentation of the software that are gonna be used in each phase.
II. Pre-production phase :
The main objective of this phase is to learn how to prepare a graphic book of the end-of-course project containing the following elements:
- Presentation of the project to be carried out
- The artistic direction adopted: architectural design, materials, textures, lighting, layout…
III. Production phase :
1. 3D Modeling :
- Becoming familiar with the Interface of the 3D software.
- Produce a 3D model from a 2D shape.
- Polygonal modeling.
- Advanced Modeling.
2. Texture Management :
- Model unfolding (uv management)
- Substance painter interface and manipulation.
- Creation of materials with the layer system.
- Get to know smart masks and geometric masks.
- The export parameters according to the rendering engine to be used.
3. Lighting management :
- Understanding of the physical phenomena of light.
- Understanding how vray works to mimic the same phenomena.
- Basic lighting: sun/sky and vray light.
- Advanced lighting: Hdri and combination of different types of light to achieve realism.
4. Creation of materials:
- Understanding the composition of a material (diffuse/reflection/spec/bump...)
- Knowing the different tools to configure a vray material.
- Understanding how to use the texture created on substance to compose a material.
- Advanced vray materials (blend, multi sub material ...)
5. Render :
- Understanding how the Vray rendering engine works.
- Learn how to configure a ﬁxed image rendering.
- Learn how to set up an animated rendering.
VI. Post-production phase:
1. Still image :
- Import the image into Photoshop.
- Knowing how to extract rendering passes.
- Learning to recompose a rendering.
- Making the necessary light and color corrections.
- Knowing how to add elements if necessary.
- Management of the export according to the needs.
2. Animated sequence :
- Import the rendered image sequence into after effects.
- Knowing how to add elements in the video if necessary.
- Management of the export according to the need.
3. Editing and sound management.
4. Final export management.